Tuesday, 21 June 2011

The Game is A Foot!

I mentioned in a post last week that I went to a super duper bookstore and we went back again today! It was so much better this time because I wasn't as overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the place as much and managed to actually focus and buy myself a book!

Unfortunately, this is actually a book that I kinda already have. You see, some time last year, I stumbled across Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and for some reason haven't been able to stop reading about this awesome character. It's just the perfect blend of mysterious action and unpredictable characters that has kept me hooked! I bought an awesome anniversary version of the book when I was in the UK, but I kid you not - the thing is a beast. It could well be a breeze block in a very literature-savvy house! Because of it's weight, size and shape, I couldn't fit it into my suitcase for my trip so I couldn't bring it with me :( I'd brought a small paperback token (that belong's to my brother) but I was rapidly running out of awesome detective stories.

So I bought another one. Yes. Just to keep me going. And on the weekend I finish it, I will sell it back to the Strand. And get me some dollars back. I think it's a good plan! :) And no book is wasted in the process! Woo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)