Sunday, 3 July 2011

National Anthems...

I love our national anthem, God Save the Queen. I love the idea of the queen, and God looking after her. I was highly amused today at Church to sing a song that had the same tune as my national anthem but couldn't be more American. Here are the words:

My country,' tis of thee, 
sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; 
land where my fathers died, 
land of the pilgrims' pride, 
from every mountainside let freedom ring! 

My native country, thee, 
land of the noble free, thy name I love; 
I love thy rocks and rills, 
thy woods and templed hills; 
my heart with rapture thrills, like that above. 

Let music swell the breeze, 
and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; 
let mortal tongues awake; 
let all that breathe partake; 
let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong. 

Our fathers' God, to thee, 
author of liberty, to thee we sing; 
long may our land be bright 
with freedom's holy light; 
protect us by thy might, great God, our King.

Liberty, pilgrims, freedom... it's definately American. I think I like my version more. It has the word victorious, glorious and queen in it. :) Awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)