Saturday, 24 September 2011

Our Old Abode

Every now and again, when I'm feeling curious and nostalgic, I will drive by my old house to say hello to it and to see how much everything's changed. Today was one of those days, and I paused outside to take a quick snap while it was quiet:


Essentially the house hasn't changed. The extension above the garage is still there but they've taken away the front porch. It's a little untidy, but that's really it.

Taking the time to look at the local area, I realised just how small the street was. We moved out of this house when I was about 14 and I remember thinking that the house and it's street were really big. Maybe it's just the scale of things when you're a child: everything seems so much bigger. Or maybe it's just the rose tinted memories with sepia faded edges that all of my childhood memories seem to have. I've no idea.

But the house is still there, and it made me smile. A good chunk of Zan funness happened in this residence - I hope other people are making memories in there now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)