Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Theories, Theorists and Theoretical Thinking

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been bombarded with something called Critical Thinking, which basically means I have to take other people's theories, unpick them, and then put them back together again in my own way.

What this has actually translated to is me taking a theory I have previously not questioned, tear my brain into pieces, then use lots of tape to stick it back together again. It's been a rough couple of weeks.

I am however beginning to get the hang of it. I'm beginning to relate other people's theory to my own practice, and questioning things that I hear on the news and wondering about the fragility, validity and reason behind many things that I wouldn't have normally thought about. I have to say the first few times I did it, it was pretty painful. But I think I'm getting used to the notion that sometimes I have to unpick something to make sure that I was right to begin with. 

And I have to arm myself with a load of theorists that will back me up.

I found took a picture of something that sums up how I feel at the moment:


Going crazy, but surviving it and will be a better Zan when I come out of the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)