Friday, 11 November 2011

Christmas is Round the Corner

On this historical day, I spent my train journey this morning getting excited about the whole 11.11.11 11:11 thing without realising that another exciting thing had been constructed overnight - Christmas Markets!!! Woooo! :) After observing our one minute silence at 11:01 (crazy kids in my class forgot to shut up in time) I started looking forward to wandering around the little huts at the Leeds Christmas Market. When was done at uni, I half skipped over to take in the awesomeness. And when I say that Christmas is round the corner, I mean literally. The Leeds Christmas Market is just round the corner from the building I have my lectures in!

Here's the nice sign at the entrance of the markets. I have no idea who those people are.

Loook! Hats!! Colours!! Lights!! Mini shops!!! :)

Because of the highly organised arrangement they had in Leeds, (Markets open, light switch on on the same day) I kinda thought that the Manchester ones would be set up and running too, especially because they did their big Christmas light switch on last night. However when I got to Albert Square....


All I found was the really fat Santa. Hmm...

I was very surprised. And on further investigation, I found...

Lots of empty huts! The Manchester Christmas Markets will be here sooon! :)

So there's my adventure of the day. Christmas Markets and the magical feeling of discovery. I love this time of year. I just have to make sure I have my coat, hat, gloves, scarf, a gazillion layers and my camera and I will be very happy throughout the season :) I'm sure there will be lots of evidence of that in the next few weeks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)