Thursday, 5 January 2012

A New Year with Old Friends

I've spent the first few days of 2012 with lots of friends from all over the place! They all came to Manchester to come to see me (well, okay, some of them still live around here) but it was cool that I spent some quality time with lots of people that I really don't get to see as often as I'd like.

Up first we have my lovely college friends Lee (from Manchester), Shazia (from Rochdale) and J (who flew in from Kosovo), with the added addition of J's girlfriend! Woo! We went to play pool and have curry. Here's my representative photo:


Lee, Shazia, J and I have known eachother as a group (along with Jenny, Clare and Ric) for 10 years now! It's crazy really! :) And awesome too! :) And it warms my heart that I still know them so well :)

Next up is my lovely friend Valerie who came to visit from Singapore! Yay! :) I have not seen Valerie for about 5 years, and have known her for around 8 years. Wow. She came over to Manchester for a few days to show some friends around her old haunts. We ended up doing a load of shopping and then visiting Chester.

My unexpectedly posh looking hire car. (Lovely to drive too considering the car I'm usually in)

Some original old wall in Chester. Made the old fashioned way with sticks and mud! :)

Modernising ancient Chester.

Valerie!! :) And coffee.

It's been such a long time since I've seen Valerie, it's wonderful to know that our friendship is just the same. We're just as silly, and happy, and we get along just the same eventhough she's a high-flying lawyer now I'm I'm a lowly playworker. It was also lovely to meet her friends and be in the centre of some of the fastest conversations I will probably experience in 2012. 

Thank you all for a wonderful start to the year. You've all made it awesome, despite my stupid cold, and I hope to see you all again very soon! :) Yay for old friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)