Thursday, 19 January 2012

Some Very Awesome People

I know a lot of awesome people. And today I'd like to tell you about some of them, and to help promote their work.

First on my list of today's awesome people is a lovely friend and colleague of mine. I blog about her first today because what she's currently highly relevant to my passion for playwork at the moment, and my involvement in Pop-Up Adventure Play. Her name is Morgan, and she is awesome. Here's her blog and here is my favourite photo of her in the Pop-Up Play Shop.

Weirdly enough, this photo has been shared with a load of knitting websites. Morgan's gonna be famous for a great number of things aside from playwork! Wooo!

If you're interested in the stuff that Morgan does, and would like to find out more, give me a shout and I can talk you through the process :)

Next awesome person of the day is my friend Ric. I've known him since college and he's awesome. He has a wonderful blog-type website where he writes his own short stories and shares them with the world. Go have a look! :) I did some photography for him a while ago and here is one of my favourites:

I love this photo. It seems to encompass all the things that Ric likes in the photo: books, writing and biscuits. :)

Next I would like to introduce to you my friend Claire. She's recently started a business selling cards and gifts in Rochdale near where I used to work. Claire is one of my playranging buddies, and the first person I've ever interviewed and employed. She's awesome, and I think it's wonderful that she's started up her shop - Forget Me Not. Here's my favourite photo of Claire and me.

All dressed up and smiley :)

Finally, I'd like to tell people about my sister and her cake making skills. She has, what the young people say, "mad skillz" and made her own wedding cake to prove it! She also made a cake filled with a rainbow once, and another cake that was very exciting and beady. Should you ever want a cake made, I whole heartedly recommend my sister Christabel, who really should have a website, but doesn't. However, I have lots of her cake photos. Here is one of her creations:

I do believe this was a cake for a surprise birthday party. It looked awesome! :)

If you ever want a cake made to order by Chris, drop me a line and I'll put you in contact with her! :)

Well, I'm gonna leave the awesome people posts for now. I think it'll do for today anyway. All of the people I know are awesome, but today I thought I'd give just 4 a bit of a boost. Perhaps you will feature here one day! :) Keep an eye on the blog to find out! :) Yay for awesome people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)