Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Little Projects in Progress :)

Some of you already know this, but I like making stuff. I like the process of coming up with and idea then making it happen. Not all of the results are great but I have an interesting support network (called Mum and Dad) who like admire and critique every one of my crazy ideas. Here are some of the things I've been up to:

Knitting
Remember the crazy knitting square blanket I started back towards the end of 2010? Well, the idea was that my mum was teaching me how to knit different patterns so we did lots of squares with the anticipation of making it into a nice warm blanket. Here's what it looks like now...

Progress has been slow cos I've had other knitting projects in between this one (and a degree to finish) but I actually have a whole pile of squares lined up to add to the blanket. Now it's just tidying my room enough to have to space to do it! :)


Sewing
I always liked sewing, but sewing machines annoy me a little. It's the fact that I can't drag it up to my tiny little room and do sewing at my leisure that annoys me, I think. Anyway, I've finally worked out a little pattern for a pouch that I can sew whilst in my room, and I reckon the results have been pretty good. I blogged about my prototype sometime last week, but now we have Pouch 2.0. Well, nearly...

I think the colours match nicely. I'm really chuffed that I managed to find such a nice combination! :)

Cards
My crafty side is always deeply rooted in making greetings cards. I really like making my own, and usually do for most occasions. I actually made them to order at one point, when I was younger and had more time. Now though, I make them when I can, and have had some of my creations put in my friend's lovely card shop.  I was poking around in my room today and found some cards that I'd made but neglected, and remembered how fun it was to make this particular design:

The multicoloured dots and the simplicity of the card makes me want to smile every time I see it. I want to make more!

The awesome thing now is that once I actually finish my degree I will actually have more time to go back and do more of this making, crafting and sewing thing. The sad thing now now is that I knit as some sort of therapy to ease the discomfort of essay writing and confusion of research. But once I'm set free from academia, I'll be back in full swing with my handmade wares. I'm very much looking forward to it. 

I'm also looking forward to becoming a full time playworker again. Gosh, I miss being in the field. Literally. :)

Hoorah for handmade goods, and hoorah for the ideas to do it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff here Zan :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)