Thursday, 5 April 2012

My Uni's View of Leeds

I haven't needed to be in uni more than once a week since Christmas. It's been a blissful change in my routine because the 2.5 hour commute was beginning to get old. But now, I look forward to going to Leeds as my weekly break from routine, and spend some time wandering around, discovering new things and taking pictures before or after my meetings at uni.

Today, I went in to visit my tutor, Fraser Brown. In case you don't know him, he's an absolute legend! He is very nice, is editor of 2 of 6 recommended playwork books on the right, likes cake, and deserves to be known throughout the universe. Or at least the play world. Anyway his office, along with the rest of my course tutors, is on the 8th floor of the university building, perfect for a alternative view of Leeds!

So while I had the chance today, I squeezed my huge camera through the tiny opening of the windows on the 8th floor to take a photo of sunny Leeds:

You can see soooo far away!

And look at the incredible sky!

I often forget how much I like taking photos, and it's on days like these with photos like that, that I almost re-discover photography's awesomeness.

A rather happy hoorah for photography, and a thumbs up to Leeds - I didn't like you at first, but you're growing on me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)