Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Stay and Play - Playful Links

Here in the UK, we've seen some crazy weather in the short space of a week. Last week it was absolutely roasting and I spent a lot of time outside, enjoying the sun whenever I could between all the uni work I need to do. This week, well! Complete change! Yesterday it was freezing out, last night it was incredibly windy, and today? Snow. Yes! Snow in April. I have no idea what's going on, but I know I don't want to go outside today.

In my attempt to be playful today, I have gathered a few wonderful websites to show you. Websites belonging to lovely people who curate ideas and places for play. I hope that it inspires those of us who are in the sun to go out and play. And for those of us who are stuck inside - give us a glimpse of hope for the future! :)

Playscapes
Paige Johnson is awesome. She's really really nice and has lots of really cool posts on her blog about playgrounds and play areas from around the world, past, present and future. Along with Morgan, Paige was one of the inspirations for me to start up my blog! :) Pop along to her website to find out more about a world of Playscapes! :)


Kukuk
I have literally just found this website. The German has confused me somewhat, but they have some extraordinary photos of playgrounds with wonderful structures made from natural materials. The photos make me smile a lot, especially the one with the little boy and the electric drill. Go have a look, and if anyone has some German skills, please let me know what these lovely people do, and what their mission is :)


Playgroundology
Pop-Up Adventure Play was featured on Playgroundology a little while ago, making me very happy, especially on the discovery of another playful website. They have lots of playful ideas and discussion topics that keep readers interested. I like the name Playgroundology too - makes play sound more official somehow. Anyway, go visit the website and see for yourself :)


Let the Children Play
I've been keeping up to date with this blog for a couple of weeks now - a site that details the playful moments that an Australian early childhood teacher encounters on a day to day basis. It's so full of fun and freedom, and the children in the photographs genuinely look like they so engrossed in whatever wonderful thing they are doing each day. It's a wonderful site - please go look and be inspired to play too! :)


Bellelli Educación
The wonderful people at Bellelli Educación got in touch with us once to tell us about their excitement about doing their own Pop-Up Adventure Playground. From that moment on, Costa Rica was taken over by loose parts and cardboard boxes, all photographed and logged by Bellelli Educación on their website. Amazing to think that we've made a difference in whole new other country! Hoorah! :)


Pop-Up Adventure Play
As well as being super attached to my organisation, sometimes I like to visit the website to look at the photos. They are everywhere, with at least one on every page. The photos bring back memories, and inspires me to continue to work that I do to provide children the opportunity to play. Go to the Pop-Up Adventure Play website, have a poke around, visit the blog, and become just as excited as me about play!


So... lots of fun photos to look at, and playful things to do. Hoorah for play, and hoorah for playful opportunities! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great round up. It's an honour to be included with this group of play people. You're absolutely right about Playscapes. It is an incredible treasure trove of wonderful and sometimes farfelu design. Thanks to you, I have some new play places to explore. I'll be sure to come back often to see what you're up to.

    Cheers
    Alex
    PlayGroundology

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)