Wednesday, 18 April 2012

A Sweet Book!

The other day when to went to visit Morgan, she took me to a sweet shop cafe. I thought it was the most amazing coincidence ever because I've been reading a wonderful book called Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan and it's all about sweets! A traditional sweet shop that got brought back to life in fact. Those of you in America-land may need me to translate this to "candy store" but I'm also delighted to announce that Reece's Peanut Butter Cups are in this book too and I highly approve!

This got me all nostalgic and stuff about my sweet shop history. The sweet shop I used to go to wasn't technically a sweet shop, it was just the newsagents next door. I'd pop over once a week to hand over my shiney 10 pence piece in return for 10 tiny, sugary morsels which would last me approximately 10 seconds. It was so good. And nice to think about. Filled me with inner fuzziness.

So as I stood in the sweet shop in Gargrave, I wondered what was the sweet of choice that would satisfy my sugary needs as well as fill me with happy happy nostalgia. The choice? Cola Cubes. And wonderfully, the colour of the cubes matched my book perfectly:


I really do like my sweet stuff, and it makes me happy to know what Jenny Colgan also seems to like them too. I'm not the only one in the world who peers into these lovely little shops with awe and wonder, clutching my coins and trying to decide which, out of the gazillion choices, should I eat next.

Hoorah for books, for sweets and for sweetshops! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)