Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Birdies and Brioche

After seeing photos of last time's brioche, my friend Angel asked to try some. I did my mixing, kneading and raising before she got there, and when she arrived we whisked the proven dough straight into the oven and had our tea. When tea was done, KABLAM: BRIOCHE!

This one had a swirl of cinnamon and brown sugar - it was so cool! And so yummy! :)

I'm pretty chuffed that it worked out the second time I've tried the recipe. Sometimes it doesn't work like that. But yay, more baking to add to my repertoire! :)

Anyway, on to birdies. It's been hectic over the last few weeks so I took a few moments today just to stare out of the window to watch and listen. We had a few notable varieties of birds in our garden (so my dad says) and today the wood pigeons were very active. I was listening and watching and trying to figure out where the rest of the birds were when suddenly I saw something that made me smile:

I'm not even sure why I was so amused, but it just looked a bit peculiar. The bald tree and the one pigeon at on the top of the stump. Hahaa.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't take much to amuse me. I like the little things that keep me happy. Birds and brioche are little things! :) Yay for happy little things! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)