Wednesday, 27 June 2012

A First Class Smile! :):)

Today I am celebrating. And when I celebrate, there are two smiley faces in my blog post title, and a photo of three cakes. Three cakes from a wonderful chocolatiers that is just around the corner from my house.

We have carrot cake (I know it's not chocolatey, but it's gonna be awesome), Sacher Torte and Slattery's very own chocolate tart!

What am I celebrating you might ask? Well, I'm celebrating the end of a degree that I didn't know I was going to take. I'm celebrating surviving 2 years of full time education which was mostly overshadowed with serious personal and family health problems. I'm revelling and marvelling at the experiences obtained in the US with Pop-Up Adventure Play as part of my course. And most of all, I'm happy to announce that I'm over-the-moon about getting a 1st! A FIRST! I am officially Suzanna Law with a First Class Honours degree in Playwork!

(US people side note - a 1st class degree honour is, erm, the highest mark you can get for a degree. Wiki tells me it's equivalent to a 4.00 GPA! I think you know better than me what that means!)

Honestly, with how things were going this year, I didn't think I would be anywhere near it. I was practising my "I'm happy with a 2:1" face. This is a fantabulous end to a very trying year, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without lots of help from lots of wonderful people. You know who you are. The celebration is for you too! I shall eat cake on your behalf!

I am SO happy, you would not believe. I have not stopped smiling since yesterday evening when I found out.

I'm also very chuffed for the rest of my classmates, especially Andy, for also doing fantabulously! We're all going to graduate!!! :)

Hoorah for successes, hoorah for cake, hoorah for friends and family, and hoorah for playwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)