Friday, 1 June 2012

Party Preparations :)

I have lived in this house for 15 years and I'm going to guiltily, but honestly, say that I don't know all my neighbours. Now, that could be forgiveable if there were loads of people in the neighbourhood, or we lived in a mulitplex of apartments. However, there are only 11 houses on my road. And I don't know all the people to live here. And they don't know each other either. So I thought it was time to mix it up!

What I decided to do was to host a Street Party! With it being the Queen's 60th year on the throne, it was a perfect excuse to get the neighbours out and have them mingle. For those of you across the pond, a Street Party is like a block party! Except, obviously, we don't have blocks here, and the weather will most likely be, well, pretty grey. Also, the Queen being on the throne for 60 years is a big deal too. There's only ever been one other monarch who got to 60 years, and that was Victoria, but in another 3 years, our Queen could totally beat her. Haha. The Queen's pretty awesome! :)

As we've never done anything like this before, I helped, to apply for the road closure and call a street meeting. All the neighbours gathered on one of the neighbour's lawn and we all had a good chat about our ideas. It was decided that we'd hang out our buntings, bring out our tables and chairs, bring out some delicious food and drink and have a jolly good time in the middle of the road. I'm very excited!

I'm at work tomorrow so I started to prepare stuff today. Here are some pics:

I made some cake toppers for the food at the party - to give them more Jubilee feel! I don't think we all actually care much about the Jubilee, we're just super excited to be doing something completely different! And the Jubilee was just a great excuse! :)

We need road closure signs but because the local council didn't have any left for me to borrow, and cos I didn't want to pay lots of money to buy my own, I decided to make them! :) I think they look awesome.

Oh, more fun things - I'm going to host a mini Pop-Up Adventure Playground at the street party! :) Wooohooo! :) I'm excited to have a chance to play legitimately! And I will totally be armed with my camera so stay tuned for photos!

Very very excited! Watch this space for much more Jubilee street party awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)