Sunday, 3 June 2012

Slowing Down

Today, I spent the entire day learning to take it easy.

I'm not naturally able to do things slowly. I just prefer to get things done and then move on to the next thing. It gives me a great sense of satisfaction when things are complete, and to my exacting standards.

But of course there has always been the gallstones.

For years and years and years, I have had sudden, crippling gallstone attacks. They've thrown my life into turmoil, and has meant that my enthusiastic plans to finish each project always has to have a built in buffer. Just in case.

Last night? Gallstone attack. No aliens involved.

When I went to hospital 2 weeks ago, they removed the main (5mm) gallstone that was causing most of the obstruction, and most of the pain. But the smaller gallstone decided to go on an adventure last night. And there was no sleep.

So I had to re-evaluate.

I talked to my food-eating-expert-friend Fiona and we talked about all the things that I should/shouldn't eat up until the surgery to avoid any more attacks. We also spent some time rejoicing in all the delicious things I will be eating after I say bye bye to my gallbladder. When it's gone, I will be able to eat. I'm kinda excited.

As for taking it easy -

I was meant to be doing the Jubilee street party today but, in typical bank-holiday-in-Manchester fashion, it was tipping it down. All day. The plans the neighbours and I made were not rain proof, so we decided to postpone until tomorrow. That meant that I was able to take it easy for a day. I can't believe I'm saying it, but thank God for rain today! :) Spend some time singing with children at church, then catching an exciting film with my sister. Then? Nothing. Just a day of nothing.

I had a very exciting salad for tea.

Like I said before, I'm not really very good at taking it easy, so I've recruited some friends to help me limit my work. My lovely colleagues at Pop-Up Adventure Play have banned me from working (unless it's an emergency) and my parents have stopped pestering me to do stuff. Couple of my friends have arrived with books to keep me entertained and everyone's just been very nice.

I guess that's what it takes.

I'm very grateful for everyone's help. It's been a rough ride, but I can see an end to all the pain. I must thank God for that. It's all going to be fine. :)

I leave you with a pic of me dressed up in silly clothes, and having fun.



Hoorah for friends, boo to gallstones, and thank God for solutions, health, and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)