Sunday, 29 July 2012

Manchester Mini Maker Faire

Today, I popped into Museum of Science and Industry in Castlefield to have a nosey at the Manchester Mini Maker Faire. It's like a big interactive exhibition where people come to show off their inventions or new ideas for design and fun, and play, and making stuff. Here's what I found:

Fun lighting is always a big plus when you first enter the building.

Loook there's me and my big grin as part of an exhibition!

I found some sunflowers. I was very happy until I realised they were taller than me. 

This is a cool invention - a mobile phone and charging station for android phones!

I found a creeper at the miniature golf course!

Look at these tiny 3D models! They were printed using a machine. It was fascinating to watch!

This is the biggest Etch-A-Sketch I've ever seen!

A knitted lego brick!

A lamp made entirely out of recycled plastic bags!

Giant Kerplunk! So awesome!

What a lovely little visit to MOSI! :)

I had a nice little trip out today. The weather was a little undecided, but that's okay. I saw a steam train too, and had a little wander around Castlefield. The Faire itself was good, with lots of variety and something for everyone but I was left wanting more. The Mini Maker Faire has got me thinking - if this one has so much to offer, how much more does a proper Maker Faire have? I think I may have to go visit the one in New York.... watch this space! :)

Speaking of museums and play, did you know that Pop-Up Adventure Play is going to be at MOMA? That's the Museum of Modern Arts in New York City! Check out this link to find out more. You should totally go see, and say hi to Morgan and Sharon for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)