Tuesday, 31 July 2012

My Mum's a Knitting Machine

Does anyone else know the kid's song "My mum's a knitting machine"? The words are as follows:

"My mum's a knitting machine, zum zum zum.
All she does is pull the lever and out the sweaters come.
Mine won't go over my head, Dad's is down to his knees
Please don't do any more knitting please mum please"

Hahaha. I was only reminded of this song today because my mum's been tidying her room and it turns out she's knitted a gazillion jumpers for herself and for my Dad.

Look at them all! If she ever gets facebook timeline, I'm gonna have to make this her cover page - it's pretty awesome!

These jumpers have all been knitted over the years. You can tell some of them were early on in the knitting craze because they're not as neat as others. It's like a little bit of history going through the years of mum's knitting skills! I wonder if she knows what order she did them in! She taught me to knit too, and I have to admit that I haven't knitted for a little while. The blanket I started in 2010 is still, well, unfinished. Booo!

In other news, we've been getting a little crop of blueberries in the back garden:

It's not a huge amount, but we get a handful every couple of days, which is really quite cool. Mum says they're pretty sweet too! Yay! :)

Yay! Mum things! And garden things! More from me tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)