Saturday, 11 August 2012

Packing Light

I'm very particular when it comes to packing. I meditate on it weeks in advance, planning which items need to go in the wash and what items I'll need to wear before it gets packed away. About a week before I leave something funny happens near the suitcase, and my sister used to see it and say "Oh, the square man is back"...

Oh yes. This evidence of Zan packing. This is a photo of what a 3-month pack looks like. A 3-day pack would look the same, but without the suitcases :)

About an hour after I took this photo, I found myself in a very odd situation. I had put everything you see (plus a pair of flip-flops, and my cosmetics bag) and miraculously I still had room! I didn't really know what to do with that. It isn't often that you have spare room in your suitcase. I already had everything I needed too. Haha.

I ended up packing a couple more playwork books, and transferring all the stuff I would have kept in the mini suitcase in the big one, and then went to buy a load of snacks/junk food to go into the little case. Now everything is all packed apart from my laptop, so hoorah! :) I really really like packing. It's like a puzzle. And I beat the game every time :) Hahaha.

Anyway, I'm pretty much ready to go: my flight is in the morning tomorrow. If everything goes well and I don't get caught in extreme snow or crazy hurricanes, the next time you'll hear from me, I'll should be in the US! Woohoo! See you on the other side! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)