Monday, 22 October 2012

New York, New York

I had a really quick trip to New York filled with lots of very intense thoughts and ideas and food! Here are some of the highlights:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is America's answer to Tunnock's teacakes but for some reason, these are more delicious and seasonal! Yes, the Mallomars is only available from about September to about November and then you have to wait for a whole year for more! Sharon and I didn't eat a whole box in a day. Promise. o.O

I went to the MoMA Child in the City of Play Symposium! There wasn't a huge crowd of people but the theatre was full up with an exclusive crowd of play enthusiasts and designers alike! There were some excellent speakers!

A marching band came to visit at the end of the symposium and it was AWESOME. And also, embarrassingly hilarious!

I went to Central Park in NYC for the first time and discovered that birds here are not scared of people. Instead, they perch on your table and attempt to share your food! Hahaa. So awesome.

This is me, enjoying one of many playgrounds in Central park. This one was particularly awesome because it was created in the 1930s and was featured in the opening credits of Sesame Street once upon a time! And it also calls itself an "Adventure Playground"!

Here is Paige Johnson, a blogger that I have been following for years with a blog full of wonderful playscapes. I met her and she was really lovely. Together with a whole bunch of other enthusiasts, we went touring around Central Park, looking at all the different play areas that were on offer.

And here is a little boy, secretly photographed having the time of his life stood on top of a round stone pedestal. He was singing and dancing for at least 20 minutes when I was there, and carried on after we were gone. He wasn't looking for an audience, he was simply there to enjoy his time on his spot.

I had a wonderful time in New York, albeit short. It was a lot more productive and rewarding than I thought it would be! People always say that New York is where stuff happens, and I have to admit that this time, I have to agree! Watch this space for more thoughts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)