Saturday, 1 December 2012

Hobbit Day!

Today, in celebration of the release of Lego Lord of the Rings and in a desperate attempt to win tickets to the premier of the Hobbit, my friend and colleague Ashleigh and I tried to get everyone dressed up as characters from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

The Hobbit, by Tolkien, is actually my favourite book of all time. I read it when I was in year 7, with my Welsh English teacher - just an English teacher who happened to have come from Wales. She wasn't teaching me Welsh - who really, truly brought it to life. I still have my copy of the book we used in school.

Hobbits, as you might know, have curly hair. They also have furry feet. The female hobbits dress very simply, white shirt with a bodice over it, and plain ankle length skirt.

Here's my interpretation:

We all have to thank Ash for my amazing curly hair!

Here are my furry feet and legs.

And here we are, team Hobbit, posing in store.
From left to right we have Elrond, Galadriel, Hobbit 1 and Hobbit 2. Hoorah!

I had a really fun day today actually. It's nice to work with people who are willing to see things differently, and have a bit of fun in the process. Maybe there will be more costume days to come! Who knows! Hoorah for the Hobbit! And hoorah for lovely work colleagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)