Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Homemade Gingerbread

I decided it was high time that I learnt how to make gingerbread. So I did. Using this recipe. Except instead of using light brown sugar, I used dark brown. And instead of 4 tablespoons of golden syrup, I used one tablespoon of treacle and 2 of honey. And instead of gingerbread men, I made gingerbread stars, trees and bells:

Look! Lots of gingerbread biscuits!

I made some with a hole in so I could hang them up too! Yay! :)

I also decided to add tiny chunks of crystallised ginger to give more of a textural difference, and the odd very fun zing of ginger :) I think it really worked. They tasted really yummy :) My mum really liked it, and my dad (with his dietary requirements [ie reduced sugar intake]) spent a good 10 minutes discussing with me how many he could eat. We decided he could have one with his lunch tomorrow. He looked a bit disappointed but also very excited about being allowed a sweet treat.

So yay! Gingerbread! So excited! Now I know how :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)