Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Blast from the Past

I did a little bit of a spring clean today. Since moving into my room about 14 years ago, I've only ever had one clean out, and that was because we put in laminate flooring and painted the walls. And that was about 10 years ago. To tackle this monstrosity, I decided to do it phase by phase. So I selected one particular shelf in one particular cupboard and started unearthing some Zan history. Most of it was just either old empty boxes from gifts and such, or random fun objects that I'd completely forgotten about including:

PIKACHU!!
23/365 - Zan rejoices in once-lost-but-now-found Pikachu!

I now have a bunch of old boxes that I can use for a Pop-Up Adventure Playground that I'll be hosting in mid February. More details to follow! :)

All that cleaning made me peckish, and I suddenly remembered I had bought something to nibble on that I hadn't had for absolutely ages:

P-p-p-pick up a penguin! They are totally smaller than they used to be, but they still have the rubbish joke on the back :)

To top off the tour of memory lane, I thought I would fry up a particular childhood favourite for tea:

Smilers! Oh yes! They are still delicious, and still look slightly evil when they're ready.

I have a funny feeling that there are going to be more photos from the depths from my room posted up on my blog. There's still a lot more room to clean! I'm so excited to re-discover my Pikachu (which, incidently, is the exact shape and size I always thought it would be) and I'm happy that I've actually done a little cleaning! Yay! :) Hoorah for room cleaning! :)

2 comments:

  1. Does Pikachu fit into your session at the National Playwork Conference on 'a stroll through toy fads'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes he does. Totally bringing him with me. :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)