Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Camo-Cakes

I decided to try a new recipe today for my fairy cakes. This one I picked up free from a supermarket, and is a dump-everything-into-a-bowl-and-mix type recipe. And features Golden Syrup.

Now, some of you won't know what golden syrup is. To be honest, neither do I. I've had it once or twice in the past, but I've never been in a position where I own a whole tin. So as the cakes were baking, I dipped a small spoon into the tin and then tasted this thick sticky golden-coloured goo. My immediate thought was where-have-you-been-all-my-life? Then I realised I really really needed a glass of water cos it turns out that golden syrup is really sweet and sickly on it's own.

After eating a spoonful of golden syrup, it was time for my cakes to come out of the oven:

Yay, a pile of cakes! :)

They look delicious right? Turns out the texture isn't quite as light as my normal fairy cakes but has a far deeper taste. They were pretty yummy.

Having enjoyed a cake to myself and photoed them to death, I came upon a sudden realisation: these cakes are the same colour as me! Yay! They camouflage with Zan! :)

22/365 - Zan makes camo-cakes to her camo specifications! :)

This has been a nice end to a sad Zan day. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - every day should end in cake! :) Hoorah for cake-y goodness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)