Sunday, 6 January 2013

Enveloping Ideas

A while ago, probably about 2 years ago now, I was really into drawing umbrellas. I liked it so much I drew sheets and sheets of the stuff and sent it to my friend, Ric, who sometimes likes to make books. He turned my umbrella paper into a book. I turned my umbrella paper into an envelope, and thus concludes the back story of what I'm about to tell you next.

You know the robot paper I drew yesterday? Well, one of my blog readers, and lovely university friend (from my 1st degree), reminded me that I had further paper adventures:
"Oooooh you could make them into wrapping paper or wallpaper or screensavers or book covers or just fun things to admire..."
And thus I remembered about the umbrella paper that turned into envelopes. So I drew up some more robot paper and turned it into an envelope.

Here it is! Robo-envelope awesomeness.

Edit: And due to popular demand, here's another one:
Robo-envelope with address space! :)

6/365 - Zan makes robot envelope and takes a photo at a stylish angle.

I think I'm going to have some fun with my drawing this year. Especially having taken on the 365 project. I have to admit though, having only completed 6 days of the project, I am finding it quite a challenge. I don't feel very well at the moment, but I'm totally forcing myself to play once a day for the purposes of the project. I'm always reluctant to start, but by the time I'm done, I'm always super happy. Hoorah for playful projects, and hoorah for robots again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)