Wednesday, 6 March 2013

National Playwork Conference - Part 2

Day 2 of the National Playwork Conference was a little more muted and relaxed. Everyone had enjoyed the awards the night before so looked mostly tired today. Because I didn't need to present today, I enjoyed my day a little more. I went to really cool presentations and then got to hang out with lots of really cool people. I didn't take many photos because I didn't think people would appreciate it on initial meet so I have some more general location shots:

This is the Winter Garden's main hall where everyone hung out and ate a lot. It was a really nice place with lots of balloons everywhere. And a ball pit! :)

Meynell and team set up bookshelves everywhere with books to peruse at our leisure. I was well chuffed to see this book displayed - I have my very own copy! :) There were also sofas and stuff everywhere to sit, read and chat. So cool!

This was an ongoing art project that was set up for everyone to contribute to. Pretty cool stuff.

65/365 - Zan helps to disassemble giant swing and carries massive poles around. I had so much fun over the last few days helping Grant Lambie make and un-make this.

I really enjoyed the National Playwork Conference. I've never been to this one before and it was been truly wonderful. I don't think I've ever been in the company of sooo many playworkers before, and it was good to connect people's faces with their names. When I'm doing Pop-Up stuff, it can sometimes be a little isolating so events like this really make you feel like you're part of a greater thing. At the conference, it was so surprising and lovely to find that people were following our work and supporting us from all sorts of other places that we never knew about. It gave me a really warm fuzzy feeling knowing that our work was being recognised as something worth, erm, recognising. Hoorah!

I really hope to come to this conference again next year, and once again hang out with a wonderful crowd of people who like me want the best for children's play everywhere. Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)