Thursday, 14 March 2013

Pie for a Pi

Today was International Pi Day, a day where geeks and baking can be celebrated together! I'm a little bit of a geek, and a little bit of a baker, so I had to do something. Get ready for some geekery:

73/365 - Zan indulges her inner geek and inner baker.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a mixed berry pi pie. Yay! :)

I'm so happy - it came out such a lovely colour!

And guess what? No soggy bottoms! It was absolutely perfect! Hoorah! :)

This Pi Pie was much better than the one I did a little while ago.

A small part of me really wanted to carve out Pi to as many decimal places as I could around the circumference of the pie. Well, when I say, a small part of me, actually I had a really huge urge to do it. I was poised over the pie and everything, ready with the number on my phone... but then the desire to eat pie sometime tonight took over, and I went with slashes instead and popped it in the oven.

I'm so chuffed with tonight's baking - it hasn't gone so well for such a long time. Much more bakery to come! Woohooo! :) Hoorah for pi and hoorah for pie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)