Thursday, 28 March 2013

What could it be? #2

In my quest to ever expand my repertoire (read "hoard") of loose parts at home, I have discovered that the most interesting items come from the most unlikely places. At the conference that I recently went to, I impulse bought a whole tub of tubes. Why? Because they made me happy! It only seems like yesterday when I was last excited about tubes, but actually, it was around 2 years ago when I acquired some really cool violin and cello string transportation devices.

Today, my friends, I present to you these:

86/365 - Zan has fun with a tub of tubes.

They're really quite cool - I think tub I had held around 300 tubes? There must be a bajillion things that children could make from these, because I can think of about 10 things myself! :) First, I reckon I'll build small tent :)

The tubes just over 1cm in diameter, and 1 meter in length. They are made of cardboard, brown on the inside but slightly shiny white on the outside. While the previous tubes that I showed you used to hold the strings of violins and cellos, can anyone guess that the purpose of these cardboard tubes were? They definitely used to have a use, but perhaps have been replaced? I only have one clue - they're usually much shorter than this! I don't think anyone will be able to guess right. 

Once upon a time, I started a style of "guess the item" blogposts, but never got round to doing another one, so this is the second of the series of "What could it be?" Woohoo! :) Please leave a message in the blogpost if you think you know what they are! :)

Hehehe! :) 

Hoorah for loose parts, and hoorah for tubes! :)



****


THE BIG REVEAL!
These tubes were left overs from the production of tampon applicators. Obviously they haven't been used yet and are perfectly clean and hygienic. They are essentially big straws at the moment, but I did briefly cringe when a kid tried to drink water out of them during a session. Eeep! Mystery over! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)