Monday, 8 April 2013

Behind the Scenes at Plas Madoc

Friend of Pop-Up Adventure Play, and lovely friend of mine, Erin Davis and crew have come over from the US to film a documentary on Plas Madoc Adventure Playground. I have visited there before with Maayan, and with David, and I really couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit again whilst Erin was there. So today, I had a short adventure over to Wrexham to see the filming in progress and to catch up with some good friends. Here are the pics :)

This made me really happy. Boat? On top of some pallets? On top of a hill?

This is a pretty awesome swing. Waahooo! :)

This is pretty hilarious. Children were here!

Here's the film crew, at work! It's so cool to see a real life film crew! :)

I liked this photo. Made me happy :)

This looks like it came straight out of Toy Story.

Destruction! The Boat? is gone and the pallets are going too!

A practical joker, on the roof. You missed! :)

An excellent den built across the brook!

This is Erin - she's using one of the many rope swings!

96/365 - Zan immerses herself in play at Plas Madoc.

There was a moment today when I realised just how important it is for me to witness play in action. I need to be right where it's happening to remind myself why I do what I do. Plas Madoc is a place that gives me a sense of purpose, and a sense of peace. Just being there makes me feel that anything is possible, and nurtured too. I am re-energised once again to continue to advocate for play so that everyone everywhere can experience play that the children have here at Plas Madoc. :)

So great to see Erin today, and Claire - see you again very soon! :)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is wonderful! If you ever want to visit, let me know! :)

      Delete
  2. Fab space -- just imagine all that goes on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need not imagine - come over here and see for yourself! :) Or wait til the documentary comes out, of course :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)