Sunday, 28 April 2013

Zan-Made Postcards

My alarm went off at 6 this morning and I stumbled out of bed, confused briefly because I'd forgotten why I was up so early, and why I was so tired. When I came to, I remembered that I had packed the car up for a car boot sale, so I fumbled my way into many layers of clothing and bumbled downstairs for much needed caffeine.

We had a good day, I think. It was dry (which for Manchester is a near miracle), so it was almost nice being up so early. The venue wasn't completely packed with cars, but footfall was good so it was ideal conditions for selling really. The wind picked up throughout the morning though and before we knew it, my mum and I were trying to hold down threateningly wobbly things onto the table, until out hands got too cold, we packed up and then went home to the warm.

What I didn't realise had happened was that standing outside for 4 hours in the wind could give you wind burn. Now my cheeks are prickling with heat and no amount of moisturiser is making a difference! :(

Anyway, I realised that I was unable to concentrate on anything useful for the rest of the day, so I settled down to complete some forgotten projects. Here is one I'm particularly chuffed about:

118/365 - Zan makes her own line of postcards using re-purposed materials.
From left to right we have - "Hello" themed doodles, Robot doodles and Umbrella doodles.

Even the back is exciting and hand drawn :) Yay! :)

Regular blog readers will know that I've been a little fixated with drawing robots recently. And also drawing on pages of an old book. And I've also been making books out of postcards! So this kinda combines three projects into one and has made me rather proud. Especially because of the re-purposing of materials! The postcard is composed of 3 layers all stuck together. One layer is the artwork, the middle one is a page of a magazine to stiffen the structure of the postcard, and then the last layer is plain white leftovers from another project. If you look carefully at the second photo, you will be able to see the old magazine through the whiteness of the paper. Hoorah! Recycled, re-used, re-purposed! Go me! :)

Okay, now I'm tired. Time to watch some TV in bed. Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)