Tuesday, 11 June 2013

A Mysterious Gift

Today, I received a surprise package in the post. It was unexpected, especially because I hadn't ordered anything, and mostly because it was so heavy. The package was in a brown jiffy bag, and was about 30cm x 20cm x 10cm. It was addressed to "Suzanna Law, Pop-Up Adventure Play" so I thought I'd open it to see what it was.

And guess what it was?

159/365 - Zan gets really excited about mysterious postal gift. 
There was a lot of dancing around the house, and stroking of the volumes.
You may recall me talking excitedly about wanting this exact set of books a few weeks back.
Last google search shows it costs over £100!

But who sent it? I looked for a note, a sticker, a sign - something! But there are only little clues! 
  • First - it has a return address of The Book Community
  • Second - it was originally addressed to "Pop-Up Adventure Play, c/o Suzanna Law", and 
  • Third - there's a label underneath the address label where I can faintly make out the word "(Donation)". 
What does it all mean? I've already sent an email to The Book Community, but have had no reply. It's no surprise that my address is known because that's the registered address for Pop-Up. 

Now I have many questions: Who sent it? Why did they send it? Can I keep it? Who do I thank? How can someone be so generous? What's the story behind this wonderful gift?

I really want to find out some answers to these questions, mainly because I want show my appreciation - this thing costs money, so even as a donation, someone is making a loss. I want them to know that this is a really well received, well and truly appreciated resource to Pop-Up Adventure Play which will be treasured. And as a PhD student in play, this is going to help with sooooo many of those niggly fiddly things that I don't have the time or the money to read about in full. Mystery gifter, you are truly wonderful! Thank you so much.

If anyone has any thoughts about the origins of my books, please let me know. I want to be able to thank them in person.

Hoorah for post, mysterious gifts, and play! A great combination day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)