Wednesday, 26 June 2013

"What's in a name?"

I'm wondering if you know where my choice of words for my title are from. I've dug it out from my dim and distant education. Here's the whole quote:

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Does anyone know the writer of these words? And can you guess what started me thinking about this? Roses of course! :) Lots of them. All downstairs in the kitchen, waiting for their next mission: Angel's wedding.

There are so many! And they're all lovely!

175/365 - Zan admires the intricacies of a rose.
Look at that. Just look at it. Amazing.

My mum was explaining to me about a whole wealth of flowers and their names and how they were all different from eachother. I have to honestly say that I really wasn't listening, because nomatter that the names for these flowers are, they are incredibly beautiful, and I was distracted by these tiny little beauties. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. And in this case, a rose by any other name would look as pretty.

I'm really pleased that I was able to take a moment out of my day to admire a little bit of nature. These roses took my breath away today, and I hope that they will add grace and beauty to Angel's already amazingly planned wedding. Only 3 days to go! :)

Hoorah for roses, and hoorah for tiny beautiful things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)