Monday, 29 July 2013

A Cuppa Tea, A Piece of Cake and A Storm

As the clouds gathered ominously above me today, ventured into Manchester to meet my friend Ricky. We were meeting to celebrate happy things, and we would do it the good old English way: with a cuppa tea and a piece of cake. And the weather wanted to play too, and delivered an almighty storm the strength of which has flooded my workplace. Ha! Ah well. Anyway, here are the pics from my day:

We went to Home Sweet Home, a quaint little cafe themed around the US but with great UK tea standards :)

They had 4 versions of Eggs Benedict-eque dishes. I went for Eggs Florentine. They were delicious.

I liked Home Sweet Home, but it didn't have nearly enough cake choice as the place me and Ricky went to last time, so we got our umbrellas and nipped across the road to indulge in our sweet tooth at Teacup:

I got me a rainbow cake. I've been thinking about it ever since I saw it last time.

We had a go on the Etch-a-Sketch too. Ricky drew a house.

206/365 - Zan rejoices over cheerful cake :)

Even the crumbs are cheerful!

We also visited a Bug Hotel. It was sooo cool, just tucked away between the road and a nearby carpark. And yaay, children helped! :)

Before we knew it, our adventure was over. Responsibilies and meetings crept back into our lives, and the rains came. I had a really happy day though, despite the weather. I hung out with my brother and sister-in-law at home, and had more good food. My brother fixed my computer, and then we went to get frozen yoghurt. I really did have a lovely day today, and it was a lovely way to end a period of super super busyness! Hoorah for tea, cake and friends and family! :) Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)