Monday, 15 July 2013

My NYC-like MCR Day.

Manchester City Centre smelled like New York City today. I'm not sure whether it's because of the tragic fire that happened the over the weekend, or whether all cities when exposed to a certain amount of heat and sun just all begin to smell the same. Either way, as I pootled around Manchester today, it smelled like NYC and for a little moment in the afternoon, I was in another city.

Anyway, here are some photos of my Mcr/NYC day:

I found a Mario mushroom, but someone's taken a bite out of it! :( But yay for geek related graffiti! :)

193/365 - Zan goes newsreader spotting in Manchester!
I was SO chuffed when I saw him, and stealthily took a photo. I can't for the life of me work out which channel he's on though. He looks miserable in his suit on a hot day. And his camera man is giving me the evil eye, hahaa! :)

Graffiti poster of a sad man and his origami bird.

After my little wander around Manchester, I came home and made some sugar-free, lactose-free fruit smoothie ice lollies for my dad. A few hours later they were set and ready for munching - here they are:

I'm really chuffed with these. I used nectarines, strawberries and bananas, and used some lactose free milk to give it some body. My parents were both really pleased with them. Yay! :)

I got my ethics approval today for my PhD which I'm really glad about. It was touch and go for a bit because I'm on the border of it being a simple risk free piece of research, and slightly risky. Which potentially could have meant that it needed to go to a panel of people for approval. Very fortunately, I didn't need to go to the panel, and a lovely local ethics representative has given my research the thumbs up. Technically, my PhD is ready to go. I just have one last thing to do: the confirmation of registration. That'll be for tomorrow's post.

Today is done and have had a nice day in Manchester, have done some good work and made some ice lollies. And had my PhD ethically approved. That's pretty constructive for a day I think. My day is done. :) Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)