Monday, 12 August 2013

A Good Day Out :)

Leeds is about an hour's drive from my house. It's not really very far, but it's just far enough to be a nuisance to drive to. So I get public transport. But that takes an hour and a half (bus and a train). Since there's so much travel involved, I usually make a day of it. So even if the main purpose is to see my PhD supervisors, I'll still make sure I meet a friend, or have another meeting, discover something new, or have an adventure.

Today, I did just that. I went to Leeds, met a friend, had a meeting, and then had a mini adventure before seeing Professor Fraser Brown, my supervisor at uni. Here are some photos:

A mini R2D2! I wanted to take him home and keep him all to myself. Sadly the luxury couldn't be afforded so I had to leave him behind. I hope someone awesome buys him. R2D2 is awesome.

This is the building where I had my meeting - the Corn Exchange in Leeds. It's an awe inspiring place that I've visited before, but it still takes my breath away.

220/365 - Zan admires her tea!
I had tea with my friend - it came in such cute little teapots with a tea timer! It completely made my day!

And for my lunch today - a creation from The Crepe Hut. I chose a smokey bacon, brie and sundried tomato crepe and it was delicious!

I don't have a photo of my visit to my actual uni, which I should probably take more of to be honest. Fraser and I had a good chat about the Confirmation of Registration meeting I had and how to make my PhD even more awesome, and before we knew it, 2 hours of chatting had passed. I hope that my 6 years of uni doesn't pass at the same pace!

So I think that my day had all the elements of a good day out. It was very tiring though, so I might have to spend the rest of the day winding down and get back to work tomorrow. Hoorah for a fun day out, and more excitement for another productive day tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)