Wednesday, 21 August 2013

A Spaceship of Cake

I had a rare meet up with my wonderful friend Nancy today and we went to sample the wonderful cakes at Slattery's Patissier and Chocolatier. I wanted to celebrate both of our birthdays because we weren't able to meet this year, so I thought we should do it in style. It is an exceptional place to go for celebrations of all sorts, but especially for dessert lovers, mostly because of the vast array of delicious creations, but also because of this:


229/365 - Zan admires the best display case ever!

I'd like to describe this as the Dome of Awesome, or Case of Magnificence, but I think I like Spaceship of Cake most, mostly because the whole glass dome slowly hums up and open to allow the waiter and waitresses to access cakes, tarts, mousses, trifles, tortes, slices.... ever. Then it slowly hums down to shut. It's the most elegant thing ever. And it's fascinating to watch.

I had lots of fun catching up with Nancy, and her mum and her niece. It was all really lovely, and we were completely stuffed after eating delicious savouries, and then lip smacking sweet treats. I don't get to see Nancy very often, but I want to make eat meet as memorable as possible. This one really was special. :) Hoorah for Nancy, and hoorah for celebrations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)