Friday, 30 August 2013

My Very Own Mini Jam :)

My friend Shazia is having a house warming tomorrow so I thought I'd make her delicious treats to snack upon as her friends pootle about. An opinion poll (of 2, my mother abstained) suggested that I make scones which I thought was an excellent idea.

To give it an extra special touch, I also made my own jam! I've never made it before, so I looked it up thinking it would be difficult, but actually it was pretty easy and so much fun!

238/365 - Zan makes mini-jam!

It was soooo much fun making the jam, and so satisfying putting them in the little jars. I made the first one then ran around with it for a few minutes cos it was so cute! I think that there's a good chance that everyone's getting jam for Christmas because I'm totally making more! Haha. Yaaaay! :)

Of course, I had to make the scones too. Here's the photo of them:

I think there's 25 seperate scones downstairs. That's if noone's eaten one in secret...

Now I'm quite excited about the house warming! Mostly because I can stuff myself with scones smothered in clotted cream, butter and jam. I know, I know, I didn't go the extra mile to make my own clotted cream (which I have also tried making and it was fun but takes about 10 hours, and I really didn't want the hassle) but nothing really beats Rodda's clotted cream. I'm obviously also excited to see Shazia's flat and her friends too :)

So that's another thing to add to my repertoire of things I can make. Yay! :) Hoorah for jam, and hoorah for making stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)