Monday, 16 September 2013

An Evening of Baking

To prepare myself for the imminent arrival of my friend Nadia from Oxford (who's wedding I helped out with in March), and to brace myself for the onslaught of customers to purchase a new release, I decided to do some baking:

255/365 - Zan bakes a pie!

It's a chicken and vegetable pie - I was doubtful at first as to whether it would be any good, but it turned out to be delicious! :) Light golden pastry encasing tender chicken, carrots, leeks, celery and peppers.

I also made a sourdough bread. Of course. This one's the best one yet! :) Good ol' Sophie-Apple (the starter dough)

It's lovely having Nadia around, and it's was even lovelier to share the foods that I had made with her. And then of course, it was madness plunging myself into a midnight shift with the throngs of eager gamers. But it was fun, and it was better that I worked on a belly full of yummy food! :) Hoorah for baking, and hoorah for Nadia! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)