Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Loose Parts Exchange - Part 1

My friend Lesley Romanoff from - Takoma Park Cooperative Nursery School and I have been plotting and scheming. One of our schemes involves exchanging loose parts. She sent me a message the other day to tell me that she'd popped my package in the post.

Now I don't have a good track record with post from the US. Usually it takes about a month to get any post from any US sender, so I didn't hold my breath for Lesley's post. However, a mere 10 days after her message, I had a delivery!

243/365 - Zan receives loose parts in the post!
These are called gumballs - we don't have these in the UK! I can't wait to take them to my next Pop-Up Adventure Playground!

I can't believe that she sent me so many, and I honestly don't quite believe that they came so quickly! I'm going to send Lesley and her school some conkers, but it's not conker season yet, so we'll have to wait a little. I'm also really amused that Lesley wrote "children's toys" as the package description - I couldn't have put it better myself :)

I wonder if I could get more people from other countries to send me loose parts unique to their community. Anyone else want to play? I'll send you loose parts in return?

Hoorah for loose parts, and hoorah for the Loose Parts Exchange Programme!

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! That means my box of goodies must be due soon too, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! :) Get a pic of them up when you get them! :)

      Delete
  2. But did the cicada shells make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered what they were and had a quick rummage through the box, and YES I have those too. Wouldn't have known what they were unless you asked! :) Thank you! :D

      Delete
  3. I live in Michigan, USA and also have these gumballs in my backyard. I love to use them for loose play. We will have a bunch in a month or two. Please let me know where I can send them. I would LOVE to be involved in the exchange programme. The conkers sound very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is completely worth considering. I'm going to look into how best to set up a Loose Parts Exchange Program and make it a reality.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)