Friday, 6 September 2013

Sophie the Sourdough Starter

Remember my pet yeast? Well after a long week at work, I've finally found time to make some sourdough bread! It was a long process, so while we waited for the second prove, my parents named the pet yeast. My dad now calls it Sophie. And mum calls it Apple.

Here's the sourdough after it's second prove. It overflowed it's bowl and then I couldn't get it out cos it was all stuck! :( I had to scoop it out eventually and had to give it even more proving time. I was so sad.

But it worked out okay! :)
245/365 - Zan makes a sourdough bread.
It has a crispy, crunchy crust and a soft hole-y center. I'm so glad it turned out well! :) It tastes delicious! :)

This loaf was the culmination of many days of work. I had to feed the yeast cos I kept forgetting to use it, and then today, I really had to study the recipe to make sure I got it all right. It all worked out in the end, even after the little hiccup!

Hoorah for freshly baked bread, and hoorah for Sophie-Apple the Starter Dough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)