Thursday, 21 November 2013

Emergency Cake

I woke up this morning having spent an entire night experiencing work related nightmares stemming from a tough shift. Who knew you could get quite so wound up about the buying and selling of stuff.

And that was the beginning of it. Due to various other pieces of news that transpired throughout the day, I ended up going from vaguely anxious this morning, to almost brown-bag breathing within a few short hours - and I've not even got to work yet! It's going to be a long night.

So in a bid to calm myself down, I made some cake. Everything feels a little better with a little bit of cake:

325/365 - Zan makes emergency cake.
I experimented with vanilla cakes that have a twist of brown sugar and cinnamon. I think they worked quite well! :)

They were actually quite delicious. Not at full potential yet, because it's still just an experiment, but they remind me slightly of Christmas. And slightly of anxiety. Ha. They made me feel much better. Something that I can control.

Anyway I have a long shift to look forward to tonight. Console launch number 1 of 2. If I manage to keep it together, I will let you all know tomorrow. Especially cos I have an exciting adventure tomorrow! Woohoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)