Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Making Rain

When I met up with Ric yesterday, we wandered around Manchester Art Gallery. It always takes me a little while to get into the mood of art galleries, particularly because I don't really get some of the pieces. As we wandered around the Grayson Perry exhibition to look at super huge tapestries (which scared me a little), a particularly awesome (and doodley) piece caught my eye, and I was fascinated by it for a good few minutes. Having pondered over it for a couple of days, I decided to take inspiration from this piece and go super detailed:

I don't think that this photo does the detail justice, but there you go. If you'd like some super cute doodles by me, drop me a line and I'll send you a postcard :)

352/365 - Zan doodles.
I think I will call it "Making Rain". I'm not sure why. More doodles here.

I think I drew another umbrella and rain pic because the weather was so bad today. As I was drawing, the winds were howling around my house, and the rain was hammering on the windows.

Got shouted at by customers again today. I don't like it to affect me as much as it does, but there's a huge part of me that wants it to affect me. Because when it stops upsetting me, I think I will have turned into a robot, and I don't think I'll ever feel human again. And I can't let that happen.

Anyway, time to rest my weary head so I can have another day of it tomorrow. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. What's the media you used here? Particularly the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! This was done simply with a Muji 0.5 gel pen, coloured with a variety of colouring pencils (muji/Staedler/Ikea/some Japanese brand I can't read) on a piece of plain 80gsm paper :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)