Monday, 24 February 2014

Zan On Tour: Ithaca, NY

I'm writing this sitting on my lovely bed in an apartment in Ithaca, NY having spent a great weekend with a lovely bunch of play advocating people. Who are these great people? The peeps at the Ithaca Children's Garden and the Anarchy Zone of course! They, in my opinion, are really pulling forward in the way that they are using playwork in the USA to work with children in their very own adventure playground. It's all marvelous stuff.

We were proud to host an open forum with the folks at Ithaca Children's Garden where we presented on the importance of play as part of the Pop-Up Adventure Play and Special Guests Tour 2014. I think we were very well received and there was a lot of positive feedback. I wish that my body didn't choose this moment to have a monumental cold. I'm okay, but the tour experience has been dampened for me somewhat, and has been a lot tougher on my body and my energy levels. I'm sure it'll go away soon, like the snow is quietly melting away.

Anyway, here are some photos from our trip so far. I'll include some photos from the Pop-Up Adventure Playground at Berkshire Museum too, which was our first stop.

#1: Berkshire Museum - Alex and Eliza as a cardboard shark.

#1: Berkshire Museum - Kid in a bucket.

Zan is very happy about little yellow car.

We have dinosaur company!

#2: Ithaca, NY - Great advertising!

#2: Ithaca, NY - We are for serious here.

#2: Ithaca, NY - This is a lovely tile mosaic, taken at the Anarchy Zone.

And here is Zan in huge tyre - enjoying every moment of being at the Anarchy Zone.

Right, I think I should be getting myself some sleep to get rid of this cold. Hope you enjoyed the pics - more posts to come soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. HURRAH! It all looks ace. Off to make a cardboard shark...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)