Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Bumble Bee Footprints

The house that we've just moved into is a new build. It's so brand new that it's not even google-able yet. But of course, as a result of everything being new, there's still things being built. Today we had some concrete left to set and as the sun went down, my dad noticed that there was a bee crawling across it. And then all of a sudden, we noticed something that made my day:

This is the little track that the Bumble Bee made. It was so neat and tidy, and so cute!

Look, tiny tiny footprints! Bee prints!

I was completely taken by these footprints in the concrete. I don't think I'd ever thought about tiny tiny things making prints, and suddenly seeing it opened my eyes to a minuscule world of newness. Dogs yes, cats yes, and I've thought about bear prints too. But bees? I usually only think about them flying! I love bees, and I also love ladybirds! I wonder what ladybird footprints look like! TINY FOOTPRINTS!

I also then thought that if a tiny buzzy thing like a bee couple leave prints behind on this liquid concrete, I'd probably make quite an impression if I fell in by accident. HA.

So there you go. Today's excitement for me has been Bee Prints. I don't think I've explained very well why I think they're so great, so please just know that they make me very happy :) Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)