Sunday, 18 May 2014

Hello House! :)

I've been back in the UK for almost 3 weeks now and I've been swept off my feet. I've been unpacking, building wardrobes, unpacking some more, got floored by some bizarre cold, then unpacked even more. But ladies and gentlemen, I'm ready to announce that I'm officially moved in! All of the boxes that belong to me and my parents are officially under one roof! Hoorah! 

Zan with new house. Hello! :) Lovely sunny day for the photo too :)

We've been shopping for furniture a lot - both new and antique. The week I came back, we went to Ikea 3 times in 5 days - it felt like I was working there again! :) Today, we went to one of our favourite antique places where I was allowed to go enter into the most amazing section of the antique hoard where I took a quick photo:

Chairs as high as the ceiling, with stuff mixed in, around and through other bits of furniture. It's kinda awesome.

And to round off my day, I decided to bake for the first time in this house. The kitchen is completely new so it took a little getting used to, but I'm pleased to say that the cakes are just as delicious and happy, hoorah!

Christening the house with my first bake. Yay! :)

So this is the first of many posts about my new house. I miss my old house a little but this move has been a long time coming and I'm excited for the stories to come. It's been a busy first few weeks, but we're beginning to settle in now and I'm pretty sure that this house will soon feel like home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)