Monday, 2 June 2014

A Hoot!

My parents and I went on a tiny adventure today to Blakemere Craft Village. It was a sunny day, and both parents were a little tired from fixing up the new house, so it was nice to be out and about with no house-related agenda. Hoorah!

There's a nice mixture of arts and craft, vintage, antique and bric-a-brac for browsing as a shopper, but also good food options and plenty of ice cream. There's a playground (but the incorrectly labelled "adventure" part annoyed me) and a mini-golf course for families with younger children. For the older famiiles and to my delight - a segway course! And of course if you're feeling particularly medieval - a falconry!

This is the face of an owl who wanted to be left alone. Because being constantly hassled by your mother makes even owls slightly miffed.

So you could watch eagles sour by, hassle owls, and marvel at other majestic birdies. There's an aquarium there too, and small animals shop - I didn't go in this time because bunnies make me go all high pitched and it's not appropriate for busy public days. Haha.

Anyway, my parents and I had a lovely time cruising around Cheshire, and wandering around this little craft village. It was good to be outside in the sun and then to come home to homemade quiche. Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)