Tuesday, 24 June 2014

My Laptop's First Jumper

I got a brand new little laptop recently. It's fast and awesome, and takes exactly 5 seconds to start up - yay! Since getting it, I haven't been able to find a laptop case for it because it's an odd size so I decided that I was going to make my own! Why not, right? :)

I located a few of my previously knitted square patches, threaded them together on three sides, added a zip and a trim to the forth and hey presto:

My laptop case! Hoorah! :)

I was soooo pleased with my zip insertion, especially onto knitted fabric. It was an experiment that I think went very well, largely down to using the trim as well. Sadly, the zip was a little too small to fit the laptop in sideways, so I have to wiggle my laptop in every time, like putting on a jumper! Good job the knitted part is stretchy! :)

And here's a pic of my hand sewn trim - a nice satin ribbon :)

I think I will attempt this again in a couple of month's time, but for now, I'm really quite chuffed with my new laptop case. It serves it's purpose, I made it myself and it also explored my sewing/zip inserting skills. Hoorah for sewing and knitting things!

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Suzanna! I love the color you used. It's bright, but it settles on the eyes warmly. I can tell how excited you are with your new laptop, going as far as making it that cute little jumper. Hehe! That's good, though. At least you know that your new laptop is safe from future scratches. :)

    Cordia Remsen @ RBSMN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cordia - I do indeed love my little laptop, and will make super sure that I keep it safe! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)