Tuesday, 15 July 2014

A Day of Play for Zan :)

It's been a while since I've dedicated very much time to anything apart from Pop-Up Adventure Play and my PhD. I thought that it would be fun to arrange myself a day to meet friends and just enjoy being out and about.

In the morning, I met up with Tracey and her little girl Isabelle. They come back every year for the summer, and I think I have a photo with Isabelle from each visit. Here is last year's. Today, we went to have some play time with some bunnies!

I brought Isabelle two crayons in the same of animals that I used to play with as a kid. She's playing with the stickers I happened to bring over.

Here's me and Isabelle, looking at fishes.

And here is a lot of excitement over bunnies. Incredibly fluffy lion-head bunnies. Eeeee! We spent a good half an hour with them!

It was fun hanging out with Isabelle, and having some time with Tracey too. They don't leave til the end of August so I'm going to try and hang out with them again. I'm looking forward to it :)

In the evening I met my college friends at the Trafford Center. Our friend J came back for one of his annual pilgrimages, so it was only right that we got together for some fun. We had food at Five Guys (in Manchester! Yes!) then went for a spot of indoor Adventure Golf. After that we hung out in the arcades for a bit before going home. It was a nice way to catch up and hang out!

Lee, J, Shazia and Dave went on the bumper cars. I don't really like them due to previous whip lash injuries. Some good photos though!

Here's Shazia, J and Dave competing in the basketball throwy thingy. And we got tickets. Tickets!

And here are our spoils! One cake decorating kit, 8 Maoams, 6 bouncy balls and 15 leftover tickets! Woohooo!

I'm pretty tired now. I don't seem to be on my feet very often nowadays, but I hope to change that! Today was a great excuse to get out of the house, and spend some time with other people while thinking about my PhD at the back of my head. Sometimes, you have to have moments where thought just ferment slowly somewhere so you can access it later when it has become tastier and well rounded. I think today was a good day for some of that!

Hoorah for friends, days out and play! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)