Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Doodle Me Paint Chips

When I walk into a DIY shop, I am almost always drawn immediately to the paint area, specifically the colour selection area. I love staring at those pieces of card with different hues, carefully arranged to compliment eachother as you carefully select your favourites to be made into paint. I've never known what they were called until I went to the US where they call them paint chips, so that's what I will call them from now on!

Quite a while back, I found this project idea on Pinterest and pinned it securely to my doodle board. I haven't had the chance to explore the project, mainly because I'd completely forgotten about it until today. I was wandering around my new neighbourhood and stumbled across a decorating shop. It was completely unmanned, so I could have totally run off with more than a few paint chips, but needless to say, I spent a good 10 minutes selecting my favourites and then scarpering off home. After doing the very important PhD things I had to do, I couldn't wait to get cracking - here is my end result:

I really like the effect of this, I especially like the orange paint chip on the right hand side there. Hoorah! :) Yay for rainbow paint chips!

This project is remarkably therapeutic, the only drawback being that you really need the right pen for the job. A sharpie kinda works, but wasn't quite dark enough when it dried so I used my trusty muji pen for the right colour. Only problem is, muji pens don't like writing on the shiney surface of a paint chip so it took a little longer to complete than I'd like. It worked out in the end so that's fine! :)

I'm adding this to the Pinterest board that I now have that documents my completed Pinterest projects. Click here to see! :) And of course, if you want to see more of my doodles, please visit my doodle page. Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)