Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Doodle Mug

A while ago I was completely inspired by A Beautiful Mess and their sharpie mugs. I hadn't managed to get plain white mug to coincide with nice new sharpie since discovering the idea until I was getting stuff together for Nancy's birthday. She gave me an awesome baking pan, and I got her a variety of little gifts, one of which was this:

Yaaay, doodle mug! :) Why not, right? From paper to porcelain! :)

I'm super chuffed with how this turned out, but I have to admit that I didn't use a sharpie in the end. I used a porcelain marker instead, which needed half an hour in the oven to be fully cured. Now it can even go in the dishwasher, which is pretty awesome actually! :)

I didn't end up using the sharpie because I needed to find the right type. But without being in the US (where sharpies are plentiful and affordable) I decided not to risk the longevity of the project and go with a specific pen designed for porcelain.

The effect was sooooo good - I'm really pleased with it. I think this might be the beginning of much more crockery doodling. Oh my, the possibilities are endless! Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)