Saturday, 23 August 2014

GBBO 2014 - Bread Week

This week was bread week on the Great British Bake Off. I love baking bread, and have had fun with the white loaf, wholemeal bread, brioche and just as a pretty harvest decoration piece. But I have never done anything with a fun filling in it, so I thought it was about time to try for a showstopper bake, and here it is:

Here it is! My sundried tomato, basil and olive white bread centerpiece! Hoorah! It's huge!

I had loads of fun creating the sunflower look by cutting a line then twisting twice. Made it quite pretty really, and very easy to share.

Here's my Dad being really very pleased with the loaf, but also lamenting his one segment-a-day allowance, due to his diabetic friendly diet. Both parents were very pleased with the outcome of this bake.

I'm really pleased with this bake, but I wish I had a bit more filling, and that it was a little more blitzed up (instead of just chopped up) so it created more of a filling. Saying that though, the flavours were great and the bread texture came out really nicely so I'm really very chuffed! It wasn't dry, and the crust was lovely, and it was nice and soft inside. So much goodness! Hoorah! A great addition to my baking repetoire! 

So my swiss roll and savoury biscuits have been joined by my fun sunflower bread. I think the GBBO challenge is going really quite well so far! Looking forward to next week already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)